Headquarters MA-1 Style Bomber Jacket Gunmetal Gray
Warehouse location information not found
MA1 Style Jacket | Gun Metal Gray
The classic design of the MA-1 Jacket style has been around for over 65 years, yet it's still very popular, in form and function. This version is made just like the classic MA-1s of old, of course including the hi-vis Orange lining designed to provide high visibility to downed pilots in need of rescue. So it's just as great-looking, comfortable, and warm as the original, and we know you'll love it.
More about the MA-1
First issued to Air Force and Navy pilots in 1949, the MA-1 Bomber Jacket was lighter, more water-repellent, and more streamlined than its predecessor, the leather B-15 jacket. The newer jets could fly at much higher altitudes (and thus, in more colder temps) than the prop planes that came before, and pilots needed a warmer jacket that wouldn't freeze when wet. Jets also had more equipment in the cockpit, and pilots needed a lighter jacket that allowed them to move freely in cramped quarters. The MA-1 Bomber, made from sleek, water-resistant nylon, answered the call. And the rest is history.
- 100% polyester nylon shell
- 100% polyester lining for easy on/off over layers
- Warm polyester fill delivers lightweight, non-bulky warmth
- Elastic cuffs and waist lock out cold drafts
- High-visability Orange lining
- 2 outer pockets, plus 2 inner pockets keep gear organized
- Sleeve pocket with zipper and pen holders
- Machine washable